For over 30 years, the SR has been Ibanez’s staple bass shape, always pushing the boundaries of versatility and undeniably smooth playability.
The SR505 houses a custom electronics preamp inside its Okoume body. Controls include bass, treble and mids boost and cut knobs, as well as a frequency selector and balancer.
This lets you shape the sound exactly how you want, to any style of music or position in a mix.
It’s equipped with two Bartolini BH2 pickups, known for their warm, fat low end whilst retaining response and tightness.
Tinker with the SR to suit your playing style and needs.
The large cutaway to the body just before the neck allows for easy access to the truss rod. While the bridge utilises adjustable saddles, letting you change the distance between each string.
Play seamlessly down the smooth five-piece Jatoba and Walnut neck any bassist would find comfortable. The body is lightweight and ergonomic, giving the SR505 a high-quality playing experience.
- Neck type: SR6 5pc Jatoba/Walnut neck
- Body: Okoume body
- Fretboard: Jatoba fretboard w/Abalone oval inlay
- Fret: Medium frets
- Bridge: Accu-cast B506bridge (16.5mm string spacing)
- Pickups: Bartolini® BH2 pickups
- Equalizer: Ibanez Custom Electronics 3-band EQ w/EQ bypass switch (passive tone control on treble pot) & 3-way Mid frequency switch
- Hardware colour: Black matte
Product content provided with thanks by Andertons